Saturday, April 17, 2010

Connection Across Time- Keynesian Economics

For this chapter, it was my job to research and present economist John Maynard Keynes and through this I discovered what is known as Keynesian Economics. In a nutshell, Keynes believed that governments should run deficits and borrow money to get the economy "working" again and the profits from a healthy economy would be used to pay back any debts. I was kind of surprised that no one thought of this before because to me it seems like common sense. For example if I wanted to open up a business, I know I need to borrow money from a bank to buy a building and materials in order to start producing things that would make back that money. Maybe this only comes as commonsense to be because Keynesian economics is standard these day. His ideas began then and still are alive now in our own economy today, whether it be through the small business owner or through our own government. Because of Keynes, his ideas have allowed simple American kids like me to understand and apply to things in our own daily life. It also gives us hope for a recovery of what is now a slow economy as compared to the economy of a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment