Saturday, April 17, 2010

Picasso- "Three Musicians"

What I can't understand about Picasso's paintings is why they are so popular. Though I understand that he was an artist who used cubism, his paintings come off as cut out shapes done by a third grader. The art of this time was very abstract and personally I don't find it very appealing. I often wonder why a lot of the art of this time was so abstract when years before, we rarely discussed art like this and then all of a sudden this art hits your eyes like a bee sting in your eye. I guess the people of this time must have felt really anxious and crazy since this art came to light and eventually popular. All jokes aside, A lot of the art evokes the same sort of chaotic emotion and personally I don't enjoy looking at it like I do the art of Monet.

No comments:

Post a Comment