Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nuremburg Trials

I found that the movies turned out to be quite exciting by the end because previously, I had been uneducated of this topic. I can't recall learning of what happened to the Nazi leaders of the camps and such so I felt that this was a very enlightening movie that helped clarify what we read about in the class handouts this year. I loved Hermann Goering's character in this movie, not because of his personality, but because I loved the hate him. As we have been told, the actors portrayal of these people is fairly accurate. If that is that case, Goering was a smug, confident, jacka** (pardon my French), and I find myself hating him quite tremendously. Watching him in the movie made me want to get out of my seat to jump into the movie and give him a piece of my mind. I would have given him the same glare that the young lady had (whose name escapes me at the moment). I feel that his death also shows he was a coward. He claims that he was too prestigious to be hanged, but I think he was just to scared to be humiliated and hung in front of everyone to see and for pictures to capture. At least all the other criminals had the guts to face their fate. I also find it quite humerus that some people thought that their death would be inhumane, when in reality, they didn't give others a humane death either. They killed millions of people in some of the most inhumane ways possible, why should they deserve any better? Due to the classes reaction, I think that most people would feel this way too. In the end though, I think that justice was, in fact, served and most of the people got what they deserved, and for now that's all anyone can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment