Sunday, May 16, 2010

Overall Self Reflection

As far as grades are concerned, I've done pretty good in this course. I've managed to achieve a grade in the mid to upper 90's which is better than I expected, considering I've never really been attracted to or done will in history. Maybe it's the outstanding teaching in this course (=D) or maybe it was my drive to be better than my brother and maintain a higher grade for bragging rights. No matter what it may be, I will not complain. Of course there is still room for improvement whether it be actually taking the time to get a good study session in (because 15 minutes with Pavlo at Starbucks and the last 5 minutes of lunch didn't seem to cut it sometimes =/), or not always relying on my smarter classmates to constantly check and correct my work in fear of getting a bad grade. Overall, I kind of surprised myself in that I feel that I actually learned some things here and there in every single chapter and that I was able to get a good grade in a history class. Though DBQ's were not by any means my favorite, they have definitely helped me as a writer. Since we were already given the history aspect of the DBQ, writing it was the challenge. At first they were VERY difficult for me to even organize. Now I could do one, not with ease, but at least without my heart rate racing and I am able to for clear thoughts. It has also helped to to be a little bit of a quick thinker with the information I am given which has recently proven to be a useful skill as I had to take my English placement exam for college. I was given a few paragraphs, just like the documents, and had to form an essay in 120 minutes with the information I was given and with somewhat of a background knowledge. At first I was very scared to take this course, but now that I look back on what I've learned and done, I have no regrets about taking this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment